Sunday, September 14, 2008

UT Vol Walk






Carson has been counting down this day since last season or at least since the orange/white game in April. He knows that football season comes first followed by basketball season. He loves them both. He has separate jerseys for each of the seasons. Taylor enjoys watching the cheerleaders. She met one of the UT cheerleaders (in the picture) , Hannah from Franklin TN, on Saturday. Hannah offered for Taylor to come out and cheer with the real cheerleaders. Taylor liked the attention and has called herself "Hannah" a few times tonight while she is practicing cheers in the family room. Carson loves giving the players high-five on the Vol Walk. Another favorite of course is both Smokeys (the dog and the mascot). We are all excited and ready for the Florida game and tailgate next week!

Other news:
Last weekend, my adorable neice, Reece, broke her cute little right arm and is wearing a cast from her shoulder to her wrist for 6 weeks. Please pray for her. She is a tough little cookie, but I know at times it has to hurt to heal and must be uncomfortable for her. Also, pray for them as they are heading to Disney next week. This will be Reece's first airplane flight.

Last Tuesday evening, Taylor had her first dance lesson. It was a trial run. Taylor officially starts dance in January. She is excited about it. I am excited for her. Carson did excellent sitting with me in the lobby room waiting for Taylor for an hour. I was proud of him.

Last Wednesday, Taylor and Carson received their first patch for their Awana's Cubbies vest for scripture memory. They both now can recite 4 memory verses with references. Adam and I are proud of them. Our verse for this week is " His name will be called Jesus. He will be great." Luke 1: 31-32. Also, my wonderful small group (of girls) started back up. I was so glad. I missed seeing them each week....they are awesome Godly women who I know pray for my family daily as I do theirs.

Last Friday night, Taylor and Carson and I got to eat dinner at Cracker Barrel with my Papaw and Memaw. It was the first time for me to see them out of the house in 7 weeks since his life threatening surgery. I was so glad to see my Papaw is getting back to his old self.

This Wednesday, Adam and I are headed up to Louisville, KY to watch the U.S. Ryder Cup team at Valhalla. We are excited about going and seeing J.B. Holmes, a Campbellsvillian (is that even a word?) native.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun!!! I love all the pics! Glad you had such a great time!

utvolfan7 said...

Hey!

I was googling for UT cheerleaders to see any pics of my daugther, Hannah - how funny! I saw your blog and there's my daughter. Thanks for your nice comments, I will send her a link so that she can view it. Hannah has been such a joy to us and we all are so proud of her accomplishments. Hope our new coach can get us some more wins next year.

Take Care,
David
davidtregg@aol.com