Monday, August 25, 2008

Girls Day and Boys Day

Taylor and I went to a baby shower for my long time dear friend, Letitia Cox in White Pine. Letitia is having her 3rd baby (Jayce) in October, and I am so excited for her and Dusty(her humorous husband). It was a lengthy ride for a Saturday afternoon, but I enjoyed looking at places I haven't seen in a while. It brought back some good memories of college days, teaching years, dating years with Adam, and some awesome times with Letitia. Letitia is one of those friends you don't get to see very often, but always close to your heart. It was also great to see others from White Pine that I haven't seen in a while as well (including Dusty). Dusty added this HUGE addition on to their house (about 1000 sq ft or so), and I was able to drop in and see it before the shower. He did a fantastic job! I came home looking for jobs I thought he could do at my house :o)

While Taylor and I were away at the shower, Adam took Carson to play some golf. Carson has been hitting range balls and putting and chipping occasionally this summer. Thanks to his Papa he even has his own little practice green in the house to practice his putting (which all Taylors always need help with). Adam has mowed down a special spot in the yard for him to have his own driving range here at the house. On a par three the other day, Carson hit a driver and made it to the green while Adam of course hit an iron but was ways away from the green. Carson didn't like that Adam was having to go first hitting the next shot, so Carson went up to the green and grabbed his ball. He told Adam that he wanted to hit beside him. Adam said he would have traded places any day. Adam said it was different playing with someone that didn't know the rules of golf. Adam said he told Carson not to talk loudly or while someone is hitting or putting, etc. Carson told me some of the rules when he got home. Carson has really gotten in to golf here recently, but football is gearing up and I am sure he will start on that next. Carson continues to grow so tall and it looks like another set of golf clubs might be on this year's Christmas list again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ash - Thanks for blogging and continuing to keep us updated on your family - I enjoy hearing how you are! :)
Kelli

Brittany said...

hey girl! love your blog! the twins are getting SOOOO big! hard to believe they are already 3!
i'll bookmark it to keep up with your little cuties!
hope all is well!