Sunday, October 19, 2008

Circus/Race for the Cure






We had a busy weekend last weekend with the Circus on Friday night, Race for the Cure on Saturday morning, and then friends over for dinner on Saturday night. Taylor and Carson loved the circus. Their favorite part was the funny man with the dog and the elephant doing tricks. Taylor also danced a little when the acrobats did an Elvis number before doing their acrobatic show.

Adam ran in the Race for the Cure, and of course we all went to watch him even though it was early. The Race for the Cure was set up like a celebration with lots of booths and things to do and see. Taylor and Carson enjoyed seeing the mascots for the Smokies Baseball team. They enjoyed it so much, that we forgot to go over and watch Daddy finish the race. Adam had to call us on the cell phone because we were not at the finishing line. Carson wanted Adam to run the race again so we could see him finish. Funny.

Other happenings going on with us:
Carson and Adam went to the UT vs MSU game last night. We all went tailgating and then the girls came back home. It was entirely too chilly for us to go and watch UT play a football game. Carson loves going to the ballgames. I told Adam today that I think he has already gone to more basketball/football Tennessee games then I ever have. Carson kept talking about how good Tennessee was because they kept scoring all night. He was also concerned that #4 for TN and #16 for MSU got hurt during the game. Carson is by far Tennessee's biggest fan!

I am enjoying fall break this week. It is my understanding that we may not have fall break at all next year, and I will be sad. Some parents and adminstration are definitely pushing toward that for sure.

My good friend, Letitia, had her baby boy #3 last week. His name is Jay. I can't wait to see him. I went to the hospital, but she hadn't delivered him yet. She left the hospital the next day. She is such a trooper. My other good friend, Emily, is having her #3 this week. I can't wait to see him. Babies all around.

I hope you have a safe week and continue to pray for our country during this time of politics and economic struggle. Remember that God is always in control.

No comments: