Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to the greatest Mom in the World!


Happy Birthday(on Thursday) to my mom! Everyone that knows my mom knows that she is the most thoughtful and sweetest person around. There is no doubt that my mom is my best friend. I call her on the way to work (when I work) and call her on the way home and call her many more times through out the day. (Thank goodness for mobile to mobile cell minutes) She is a prayer warrior for my family and myself and has always been. When I found out I was going to be a mother, I immediately began taking note of what an incredible Christian mother she is as a mentor for myself. I knew I had big shoes to fill. My mom always thinks of others before herself. She has always bought things for my brother and myself (and now our families) before she ever buys things for herself. My mother took off a year at work when I was pregnant with the twins to stay with me during my 6 week bedrest to take care of me and my household. She drove from Kentucky every week to watch the babies when I went back to work to finish out the school year. Her endless ways and dedication to my family will never go unnoticed. Thanks Mom for being a fantastic person, but more importantly thanks for being a great example for me to follow.

4 comments:

Melita said...

Ashley,

Be sure to tell your sweet Mom I said "Happy Birthday!" Do you remember the surprise party we had for her at my house YEARS ago??? Fun times!

Melita

Unknown said...

i remember the party! Ha. So funny. Your kids are precious, ashley.
Happy Birthday to your mom!

Ashley Jessie said...

Oh yes, I remember that party!!! Fun times. I remember the video Mr. Tommy did for dad too. I need to find that and watch it again for a laugh.

The Knight Family said...

What would we do without our moms!!!

Hope she has a wonderful birthday
tomorrow :)