Sunday, January 4, 2009

New look for the kitchen




So, I had this BRIGHT idea to paint the kitchen while Adam was off for a couple of weeks. If you don't know this about Adam, he is an excellent painter and has painted many many many rooms, furniture, shelves, etc. for me throughout our almost 8 yr marriage. It usually goes better than this one did, however. We went to Lowes and picked out a few colors that we thought would look good with trim, wood blinds, kitchen cabinets, tile, and cherry cabinets. I gave him the final 3 and let him choose the ONE. Good move on my part!!!! Because he painted the entire kitchen and HATED it. It had more orange in it then we had thought. Carson loved it and didn't want us to change it! I tried to say nice things about it because I knew how much time and money it took to paint it. Before I could say too much, he was repainting the kitchen back to its old color by 6 a.m. the next morning. He sent me back to Lowes to pick out 3 more colors and then refused to make any choice in the matter. Reluctantly, I made the final choice....and it turned out beautifully. So here is the final product.....4 paints later. Thanks Adam for being a real trooper.

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i like it! i, too, am very indecisive when it comes to choosing paint colors!

and about my blog header. i use scrapblog.com. it's very easy and fun!
i'll be happy to make one for you if you'd like!

Emily said...

I hate picking out paint colors. Your final choice is perfect! It looks great with your cabinets!

Brittany said...

your kitchen is beautiful!! love the curtians.....are they custom made or did you make them....???
you'll have to give me the paint color....we are looking to paint our living room....looks like a very good color!!
adam sounds just like the boy i used to know....very sweet and patient!! i am so glad that i married one of those nice guys too!!