Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trucker Buddy



For the last 5 years, my class has had the awesome pleasure to have a trucker buddy from Walmart and his lovely wife to write pen pal letters to each of my students throughout the entire year. Mr. John and Mrs. Julie are incredible people, and I have enjoyed getting to know them. They are from Bakersfield, CA and drive 4 days to come and meet the students (each May) that they have written all year. This past week we had TRUCKER BUDDY DAY and the students love it! I didn't get to spend as much time with them on this quick visit as I like to because of baseball games, soccer games, and graduation, but I am already looking forward to next year. Thanks Mr. John and Mrs. Julie for the kindness and the time that you devote to volunteering and helping our educational system. We need more people just like you!!!!!

No comments: