Friday, April 18, 2008

The Zoo and Baseball Practice






Today was such an eventful and hectic day. I took the kids this morning to the zoo for about 3 1/2 hours. We had a blast! Taylor's favorite animal was the zebra and Carson's favorite animal was gorilla. They both were upset that we couldn't find the pumas. Of course, I had to call Adam (who didn't answer me because i guess he was in a meeting out of state) and then my parents to find out what in the world "pumas" were. My parents were not sure, but when Adam finally called us back he informed me that it is some cat on Dora the Explorer. Well, I should've guessed it! Everyone knows me knows that I am not an animal lover. I didn't even give the kids the option of going in to the reptile section of the zoo. That would be a great bond between Taylor and Carson and their daddy!!!!

For another hectic part of the day, we went to weeball baseball practice for the first time. The kids practiced running bases and catching infield balls. Carson kept passing up the kid in front of him by the time he reached 2nd base when it was his turn to run bases. I tried to tell him to stay behind the kid, but he didn't listen. The coach sent them off every 5 or 6 seconds from home plate to run. I think Carson thought it was a race. The practice was quite comical at times. Just imagine 30 three and four year olds practicing baseball. Some lady behind me in the stands said that poor little girl doesn't want to play.....I looked over and there she was....Taylor Grace playing in the dirt not even close to the other teammates. (Taylor never ran the bases nor did she catch infield balls....I am so glad that I didn't pay for her registration fee yet) The coach was finishing practice and Carson yelled out "When is the catcher suppose to be here." He was ready to bat and forget this other stuff. When I asked the coach when season was going to be over and she said the end of July....I thought to myself "WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF IN TO." If you need me any Friday nights until then, find me there.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you all had a great time Ashley! Funny, as soon as I saw 'puma', I thought of either Dora or Diego!!!!
I love teeball! They are so funny to watch! You'll have to let me know your schedule so we can come and watch! The boys are all in to their little play bats right now, we are heading to see my nephew play today!!! Fun times you have ahead of you!

Anonymous said...

Ashley I hope you're not the one teaching these kids how to throw, catch, and hit. If so that could lead to a long line of them getting made fun of.


Todd Atkins

Letitia said...

Oh my goodness Ashley...I can't believe you didn't go right into the petting zoo. I mean, you love animals SO much...HA HA! I can't wait to show Dusty that one. I know what to get your kids for their next birthday...HUM...A cat or a dog???