Monday, March 3, 2008

No Naps

I picked Taylor and Carson up from preschool today and was informed that Carson has not been taking naps. He lays down on his mat, but he never falls asleep. Yesterday after church, I laid down with him for an hour and a half. He played with my face, played with the covers, and even kept giving his Spiderman doll kisses just so he would not fall asleep. After an hour and a half, Taylor woke up and came in to his room. He immediately thought it was time to get up. Taylor asked him how he slept. He responded, "Great." Great........I don't think so. He never went to sleep. Who was he fooling? On the three year check up, the doctor said that 50 percent of 3 year olds quit taking naps. I never thought it would happen to my kids, but it is here. I know once Taylor gets wind of Carson not going to sleep, then she will do the same thing. I need those little afternoon naps to do laundry, clean house, and just sit down.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just wanted to say welcome to the blogging world!!!! I sure hope that the kids will keep their naps for you a bit longer!!!!!

LT (and Max) said...

yay! i'm going to add you to my blog list and i'll definitely keep up with your cute family!
LTomlinson